Sunday, November 23, 2008

New 2008 Social Technographics data reveals rapid growth in adoption

I throughly enjoyed reading this article. I could see myself falling into multiple categories of creator, critics and collectors.

Technology is touching everybody life these days in ways we don't realize. Some of us are actively involved and a few contribute to it passively. If I compare myself with my partner, he will be an active participant, however, I've recently upgraded myself to being an active participant (creator) as well. Looking back, I can see my graph of graduating from being a spectator to creator over the years and every step has been a learning of its own kind.

All of these categories are so important as they are. The article says that social contents ranks high in searches now because it's always changing. The critics are like filters who are updating spectators everyday. The creators are keeping the internet alive, collectors keep it organized and the joiners are the new blood.

The need for information is growing as I'm putting my thoughts here and with that will increase the number of people looking for it and the ones sharing it. The inactive will become spectators and the spectators will become joiners, the joiners will be collectors, the collectors will become critics and the critics wil be creators too and all of us together will keep the circle going.

1 comment:

HR Systems said...

nice. thank you sapna! junun